On Demand Sessions:
|Expiration Date||Presenter||Are you seeking credit?|
|October 31, 2017||Susan J. Astley, PhD||Review webinar for CME/CE credit*|
*By clicking the webinar with credit link, you confirm that you have read the accreditation information on this page.
This is an internet-based activity that should take one hour to complete. To receive continuing education credit, learners should 1) take the pre-test 2) review the webinar and 3) complete the post-test.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants should be able to:
- Understand that alcohol is a teratogen and identify the outcomes associated with prenatal alcohol exposure
- Identify patients at risk for offspring with FASDs
- Integrate conversations about the risks of alcohol consumption during pregnancy into contraceptive and family planning counseling
- Apply appropriate patient-centered communication skills to counseling reproductive age and pregnant women on prevention strategies to reduce the risks of FASD
- Use motivational interviewing to assist pregnant women in choosing to avoid alcohol consumption
Physicians: The Association of Reproductive Health Professionals is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. ARHP designates this internet enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurse Practitioners and Nurses: This activity has been approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health for up to 1.0 contact hour, including up to 0.5 pharmacology hours. Credit can be applied toward the nursing continuing education requirements of most professional organizations and State Boards of Nursing.
Pharmacists: The Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program provides 1.0 contact hour of continuing education credit.
Others: A certificate of attendance will be issued indicating that this activity is accredited for up to 1 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM.
This program is sponsored by the Association of Reproductive Health Professionals.
This project is funded through a cooperative agreement with The Arc.
The intended audiences for this activity are women’s health and primary care providers, including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, physician assistants, and other professionals who work in obstetrics/gynecology, neurology, family medicine, and related fields.
All individuals in a position to influence the content of this activity must disclose relevant financial relationship(s) with commercial interests and the nature of the relationship. A commercial interest is defined as any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients.
- Susan Astley, PhD (Planner), Deborah Cohen, PhD (Planner), Susie Adams, PhD, MSN (Planner), Sarah Roberts, DrPH (Planner), Diane Shannon, MD (Consulting Writer), and Lanita Williams, MPH (ARHP Program Manager), have nothing to disclose.
- Lee Shulman, MD (Planner) receives consultant and promotional fees from Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc.