Call for Abstracts
Abstract submission deadline has passed.
Abstract submissions are invited for Reproductive Health 2012. This clinical conference combines the latest bench, clinical, and social science research with interactive, hands-on training and offers take home points for immediate practice improvement. ARHP’s organizational goal is to translate science into practice to create positive change, and encourages submissions of translational research in reproductive health, including studies that feature behavioral and social science.
Abstracts submitted that demonstrate high quality research practices and relevancy to the meeting’s learning outcomes will be selected by an expert review panel for poster presentation at the meeting. All abstracts accepted for poster presentation at Reproductive Health 2012 will be published in the January 2013 issue of Contraception, An International Reproductive Health Journal.
- Posters will be presented on one or two days during Reproductive Health 2012. Authors will be assigned a date and time period during which they are expected to be with their poster to answer questions from meeting attendees. Posters must fit on a 4’ x 6’ horizontal display panel.
- Abstracts submitted should relate to the definition of reproductive health, and the content covered in the meeting agenda.
- Objectives of the research presented in the abstract should be clear and consistent with the principles and methods of reproductive health care practice. Researchers must demonstrate that rigorous scientific methods and appropriate program planning and means of evaluation were employed.
- The Outstanding Researcher Award recognizes the best abstract.
- Outstanding Researcher-in-Training Award recognizes the best abstract for which the first author is a Resident or Fellow.
Instructions and Guidelines
- Abstracts exceeding 250 words total (not including title and authors) will not be considered.
- All abstracts must be submitted through this web site using the link below; please complete registration and submit the abstract(s) via the provided template for each abstract submission.
- The abstract must be submitted no later than February 24, 2012 at 11:59 pm (eastern time).
- Do not include references, acknowledgements or brand names in the abstract.
- Approval by an Institutional Review Board or Ethical Committee is required, when appropriate.
- Abstracts must be withdrawn if the research study is not complete by the time of presentation (interim reports of data are not appropriate for presentation at this meeting).
- Authors must disclose whether or not the research conducted was supported in any way by commercial organizations, including any grants or in-kind donations.
- Research study results must be unpublished at the time of presentation.
- To submit an abstract, you must register on the abstract submission web site (using link below) and you must disable pop-up blockers on your computer.
- Before registering on the abstract submission site information, please make sure your e-mail system is set to allow messages from firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, your spam/junk mail filter may filter your confirmation e-mail to your junk mail box.
- All abstracts must be submitted using the online abstract submission template. Once you create a user name and log in to the submission web site, you will be asked to enter your abstract into the submission form under the following headings: Title, Objectives, Method, Results, and Conclusion.
- You may update after it has been submitted; to do so, please log in to the abstract submission site using your username and password prior to the submission deadline.
- If your abstract is selected for poster presentation during Reproductive Health 2012, one of the abstract authors will be required to register for the meeting; registering for the meeting is a separate and independent process. Registration fees will NOT be waived.
A list of Frequently Asked Questions for Reproductive Health 2012 Abstracts is available. If you have additional questions, please contact ARHP staff at (202) 466-3825 or email@example.com.