Applying Cervical Cancer Screening Guidelines to Clinical Practice
On Demand Sessions:
*By clicking the webinar with credit link, you confirm that you have read the accreditation information on this page.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the natural history of human papillomavirus and the development of cervical cancer.
- Understand the difference between transient and persistent infection.
- Explain the rationale for an extended screening interval for cervical cancer.
- Describe the elements of an annual Well Woman visit that does not include an annual Pap test.
- Apply knowledge of cervical cancer screening to the management of various test results.
- Explain how the Affordable Care Act may increase opportunities for women to receive screening for cervical cancer.
Continuing Medical Education Credits: ARHP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education (CME) for physicians. ARHP designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Nursing Education Credits: ARHP is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 16643, to provide nursing continuing education credits. Applying Cervical Cancer Screening Guidelines to Clinical Practice is approved for 1.0 contact hours.
This program is sponsored by the Association of Reproductive Health Professionals.
This project and webinar is funded through educational grants from Roche Pharma.
All individuals in a position to influence the content of this activity must disclose relevant financial relationship(s) with commercial interests and the nature of the relationship. A commercial interest is defined as any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients.
Advisory Committee Disclosures
Lee Shulman, MD (Chair) is speaker and/or consultant for Actavis, Teva, Merck, Bayer, Shionogi, Sequenom, Natera, Quest, and Roche Labs. Nancy R. Berman, MSN, ANP-BC, NCMP (Planner) is a speaker for QIAGEN and a consultant for Hologic.
ARHP Staff/Consultant Disclosures
Rana Suliman, MPH and Diane W. Shannon, MD have no affiliations to disclose.