About ARHPBoard of DirectorsPosition StatementsSupport ARHPJob BoardContact UsSign up for eAlertsMember Code of Ethics
Send To A Friend
Share this page
Nurse Practitioner - Oakland County
Date Posted: 10/14/2011
Organization: Planned Parenthood Mid and South Michigan
Location: Oakland County
Description of Organization:
Planned Parenthood Mid and South Michigan provides quality healthcare to 50,000 patients. Our service area, where we can provide health and education services and raise funds, is in Berrien, Cass, Clinton, Eaton, Ingham, Jackson, Lenawee, Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, St. Clair, Van Buren, Wayne, Washtenaw, Genesee, Shiawassee and Saginaw counties. We currently have 15 health centers in Ann Arbor (2), Benton Harbor, Brighton, Detroit, East Lansing, Jackson, Lansing, Livonia, Warren, Ypsilanti, Flint, Burton, Owosso, and Saginaw.
PPMSM is seeking to fill the following position.
- Provide comprehensive education to patients including: contraception, reproductive health, pregnancy options including abortion
- Perform routine reproductive health physical examination on males and females
- Record, review, and interpret patient medical and social histories and symptoms
- Perfrom specialized STI or other medical screening procedures on patients
- Perform and interpret laboratory test results and order additional procedures as necessary
- Evaluate, plan and implement patient treatment plans
- Performs abortion education, abortion follow-up exams, and evaluation of treatment as necessary
- Examine patients for IUD fitting and insertions and other PPMSM approved contraceptive devices
- Observe requirements in charting through EMR and omplete chart audits on routine basis
- Furnish and prescribe medications and contraceptive devices as allowed by license
- Consult on regular basis with Director of Clinical Services, Medical Director, VP for Medical Affairs
- Participate in Quality Assurance projects and compliance with OSHA, CLIA and Sate Board of Pharmacy procedures, policies and regulations.
- Remains current on PPFA protocols and requirements for medical care delivery
- Refer patients beyond the scope of practice level of competencies and according to medical protocol.
- Participates in after-hour on-call system
- Provide in-service education to staff and acts as a a clinic medical resource for staff
- Participates actively and strives towards achieving department’s productivity goals
- Respond to emergency situations in clinic
- Some travel and coverage of other clinics may be required
- Administers and reads annual TB testing and TB testing for new hires as needed
- Active participation in the referral/follow-up process.
- Actively participates in affiliate research.
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or Certified Nurse Midwife in the State of Michigan is required.
- One or two years of experience as a family Nurse Practitioner, or Certified Nurse Midwife is preferred.
- NCC, ANA, ACNM, or NCCPA Certification is preferred.
Apply by visiting our website at www.plannedparenthood.org/midsouthmi and selecting PPMSM Jobs.