Health Center Manager (BC)
Date Posted: 8/6/2012
Organization: Planned Parenthood Mar Monte - B Street Health Center
Location: Sacramento, CA
Description of Organization:
Planned Parenthood Mar Monte improves and transforms the lives of over 250,000 women, men and children every year in 29 counties throughout mid-California and 13 counties in Northern Nevada. We reach people through our medical services, education programs and advocacy initiatives.
Join our team and make a difference! Here at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte, we improve the lives of over 300,000 people annually in 40 counties in mid-California and in Northern Nevada. We are currently seeking an exceptional and dynamic Health Center Manager for our B Street Health Center located in Sacramento, CA. In this role, the Health Center Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all health center activities.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: (as appropriate to health center level and scope of services)
- Responsible for the day-to day management of all health center activities. Manages the health center to meet or exceed goals in productivity, financial performance and client visits. Requires development and execution of strategy planning from concept to implementation. Supervises center staff with emphasis on leadership skills, and ability to lead change. Conducts community outreach, networking and education as well as internal and external marketing in order to attract and retain clients.
- Responsible for ensuring a client-centered service model by creating an environment that stresses service delivery responsive to client needs. Ensures response to customer requests and complaints in courteous and timely manner.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with PPMM medical protocols and administrative procedures, HIPPA, CLIA, OSHA and state pharmacy regulations. Submit audit data when assigned; ensure center meets agency QA requirements.
- Responsible for all aspects of employment for health center staff and volunteers. Responsible for staffing center effectively by hiring, coaching and training staff to provide all clinic services per their job descriptions. Monitors and evaluates staff and volunteers in their daily performance. Responsible for discipline of staff.
- Responsible for financial management of the health center. Monitors monthly financial statements and client visits. Manages revenue, expenses and staffing to ensure successful operations and financial stability. Accountable for daily reconciliation and submission of deposits and logs.
- Responsible for effective transition to EMR including oversight of staff usage, training and patient flow. Responsible for ensuring performance of various computer tasks. Able to use MS Office programs, including MS Work Excel and Outlook. Able to accurately enter data into PPMM’s NextGen system.
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Oversees ordering and accuracy of inventory for medical supplies, contraceptive supplies and office supplies for the health center. Assures appropriate inventory levels are maintained.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the physical health center facility.
Ability to perform the duties described above. A typical means of acquiring those abilities would be:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in a health field or management, preferred;
- Two years of successful experience in a performance driven community health care setting.
To apply, please go to www.ppmarmonte.org:
Job ID: Health Center Manager (BC) – Sacramento, CA