Sample Agenda for Initial Meeting
Reproductive Health Curriculum Improvement – Initial Meeting
1. Introductions – 10 minutes
- Designate a secretary
- Discuss reason for this meeting
- Lead an icebreaker: Each participant can introduce her/himself and explain why s/he came to the meeting
2. Informational – 20 minutes
- Give a brief presentation on why reproductive health curricula need to be improved
- Hold a discussion:
- What reproductive health topics are taught well in our curriculum?
- What could be taught better?
- What topics are not being taught but should be?
- Obtain faculty member input
3. Talk strategy – 30 minutes
- Hold discussion of what needs to be done to improve the curriculum
- Create a list of goals and tasks
- Discuss strategic plan for accomplishing goals
- Divide work or set up committees (see Appendix 9)
- Break up into work groups or committees briefly to further discuss strategies
4. Set next meeting date