ARHP brings together health care professionals across disciplines and specialties for evidence-based training and network building. Our members define sexual and reproductive health in broad terms and recognize that the best care is delivered through a team of professionals partnering with an informed patient. ARHP delivers on our educational mission by translating good science into practice through producing accredited, peer-reviewed programs.
The Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP) transforms and improves sexual and reproductive health care and access through health professional training and advocacy.
We are inherently:
- Driven by science. Sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care and policy must be informed by high quality research.
- Person-centered. SRH care should address an individual’s physical, social, mental, and spiritual health needs as interrelated and complex contributors to overall health.
- Health care is a right. Health care is a social justice issue and should be accessible to everyone, everywhere. Culturally competent and high-quality health care should uphold an individual’s sexual and reproductive autonomy, which includes the right to make uncoerced decisions regarding sex, pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and contraception.
- Diversity and inclusion strengthens. We celebrate and respect diversity, and seek opportunities to foster diversity and ensure inclusion across our team and in our work. Diversity reflects the entire range of human experience and expression, such as: age, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, ability, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, socioeconomic status, HIV status, and immigration status.
We are committed to:
- Open-access, evidence-based information. Health professionals, patients, and communities are best served when everyone has access to free and evidence-based resources and continuing education.
- Inspiring, connecting, and collaborating. ARHP brings different stakeholders together to form synergistic alliances that advance SRH care and policy.
- Promoting team-based health care. Health care works best when it is collaborative and team members are supported and encouraged to contribute to their fullest potential.
- Applying imagination and innovation to our work. We seek creative, novel strategies to provide continuing education for health professionals and improve health care delivery models.
ARHP’s core competence is planning and executing high quality clinical education for health professionals and developing policy and advocacy activities in support of these efforts.
ARHP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (with commendation), the California Board of Nursing, and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education to sponsor continuing professional education.