About ARHP2014 HighlightsBoard of DirectorsClinical Advisory CommitteePosition StatementsSupport ARHPJob BoardContact UsSign up for eAlertsMember Code of Ethics
Send To A Friend
Share this page
Date Posted: 1/24/2012
Organization: Breast Cancer Fund
Location: San Francisco, CA
Description of Organization:
Founded in 1992 and headquartered in San Francisco, the Breast Cancer Fund is the leading national organization working to connect the dots between breast cancer and exposures to chemicals and radiation in our everyday environments. We translate the growing body of scientific evidence linking breast cancer and environmental exposures into public education, market and advocacy campaigns that protect our health and reduce breast cancer risk. We help transform how our society thinks about and uses chemicals and radiation, with the goal of preventing breast cancer.
Cans Not Cancer campaign:
- Coordinate campaign strategy and planning.
- Coordinate a national campaign advisory committee and network of endorsing organizations.
- Develop public education and engagement strategies.
- Conduct outreach to organizations and constituents to engage them in campaign activities, including planning and executing online actions and mini-campaigns, days/weeks of action, press events and rallies.
- Coordinate outreach to and communication with corporate targets.
- Constituency-development and public policy-campaign support:
- Coordinate organizational education and outreach efforts.
- Contribute to developing strategies to expand and engage organization’s supporter/constituency base.
- Educate and organize constituents and the general public in support of various organization-led state and federal public policy initiatives.
- Plan and execute constituent-engagement activities, including online actions and mini-campaigns, days/weeks of action and lobby days.
- Help develop and implement online engagement strategies.
- Develop content for website, blog and social media; coordinate online action center.
- Coordinate the Strong Voices program ensuring high-level volunteers are fully integrated into the organization’s advocacy efforts (Strong Voices serve as ambassadors, conducting volunteer public speaking, advocacy and fundraising for the Breast Cancer Fund).
- Develop creative programmatic content for annual events (Heroes Celebration, Peak Hike) and key third-party events/programs, including LUNAFEST and Team LUNAChix.
- Ensure incorporation of programmatic content into the organization’s many sponsored events, which range from triathlons to spa days.
- Participate in organizational and program department work-planning and other activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with breast cancer prevention, environmental health and/or women’s health.
- Minimum five years’ experience coordinating outreach/advocacy/organizing campaigns.
- Experience with strategic corporate engagement (ideally with market/corporate-campaign organizing).
- Demonstrated experience working in coalitions.
- Background in online organizing.
- Experience managing volunteers, interns and/or staff.
- Experience with volunteer leadership development.
- Experience with media advocacy.
- Proficient in MS Office, web content-management systems, social media, constituent-relationship management tools (Convio experience a plus).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once; to work as part of a team; to work effectively in a changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to inspire trust and respect among colleagues and external partners.
- Good organizational skills; demonstrated initiative; flexibility; creativity.
- Fast learner; sophisticated multi-tasker; even-tempered; team player; sense of humor a plus.
Submit a cover letter, résumé and two writing samples (max. 5 pages each) to email@example.com, subject line “Program Coordinator” or mail to: HR Director (Attn.: Program Coordinator position) Breast Cancer Fund 1388 Sutter Street, Suite 400 San Francisco, CA 94109