Date Posted: 10/26/2011
Organization: GSMA mWomen
Location: London, UK
Description of Organization:
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide. Spanning 219 countries, the GSMA unites nearly 800 of the world’s mobile operators, as well as more than 200 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset makers, software companies, equipment providers, Internet companies, and media and entertainment organisations. The GSMA also produces industry-‐ leading events such as the Mobile World Congress and Mobile Asia Congress.
The Program Coordinator will manage all logistics of the GSMA mWomen Program and provide day- to-day administrative support to the Director and Deputy Director of the Program. The position will also serve as a liaison to coordinate activities with the Program’s extensive contributing stakeholders including governments, mobile industry partners, NGOs, donor funders, and others. The global geographic scope of the work will require expert coordination to synthesize information and align necessary activities.
The Program Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day logistics of the GSMA mWomen Program, including contact database, correspondence, filing and other office management issues
- Coordinate all team travel, visas, accommodation and international logistics needs (including event logistics support)
- Support program management, including coordinating status reporting, financial reporting, donor reporting and supporting grant management
- Responsible for all team meeting and Working Group meeting minutes
- Provide administrative support to Director, Deputy Director daily and other team members as needed
- Background in program management; previous administrative experience a must
- At least three years’ experience in a program support capacity
- Strong writing, organizational, financial and administrative skills
- High attention to detail is critical
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly professional – comfortable interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively
- Team player, able to work in fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent cultural awareness and a desire to work with teams around the world
- Interest in the mobile industry and/or gender issues as they relate to emerging markets
The GSMA is able to provide suitably motivated candidates with a first class working environment, access to all of the key decision makers in one of the planets largest and most progressive industry’s and the content to keep a curious mind engaged. Many of our alumni have now taken key roles in the development of the industry. Please submit your CV to David Santos at firstname.lastname@example.org.