About ARHPBoard of DirectorsClinical Advisory CommitteePosition StatementsSupport ARHPJob BoardContact UsSign up for eAlertsMember Code of Ethics
Send To A Friend
Share this page
Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Certified Nurse Midwife
Date Posted: 7/22/2013
Organization: Planned Parenthood Mar Monte - Bakersfield Health Center
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Description of Organization:
Planned Parenthood Mar Monte improves and transforms the lives of over 250,000 women, men and children every year in 29 counties throughout mid-California and 13 counties in Northern Nevada. We reach people through our medical services, education programs and advocacy initiatives.
- Reviews & interprets the medical and social history of both male and female reproductive health clients;
- Performs appropriate medical screening procedures/exams for both male and female clients;
- Interprets laboratory data, orders additional laboratory investigations when indicated and ensures appropriate follow-up;
- Provides contraceptive methods: oral and topical contraceptives; provides/oversees contraceptive injections; provides emergency contraception;
- Performs medical assessment and management of basic STI and genito-urinary conditions for both male and female clients;
- Provides prenatal care;
- Provides perimenopausal and menopausal services;
- Provides medical management for surgical complications related to abortion and sterilization.
- Provides non-surgical abortion, as indicated.
- Acts as a medical consultant to clinic staff;
- Manages emergency situations in the center;
- Participates in staff meetings relating to center management and provides staff training in current medical procedures which are relevant to reproductive health;
- Assists in other areas of center support work as required.
- Must have a current Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant California license.
- One (1) year of work experience.
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
PPMM is proud to offer flexible hours, medical, dental and vision benefits, competitive salaries, education reimbursement, retirement plan and more. EOE
To apply, please go to www.ppmarmonte.org or fax resume to 408-287-1879