Education and Training Program Coordinator
Date Posted: 9/1/2011
Organization: National Sexuality Resource Center, San Francisco State University
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salary: This position may be full- or part-time dependent upon the candidate. Pay is commensurate with experience. Full-time pay range ($49,932 - $60,000)
Description of Organization:
NSRC creates content, leads trainings, and guides the development of a new sexuality movement, founded on the unique concept of sexual literacy—the positive, integrated, and holistic view of sexuality from a social justice perspective.
San Francisco State University’s National Sexuality Resource Center (NSRC) is currently hiring an Education and Training Program Coordinator. This position’s main responsibility is to develop and implement evidence-based education and training programs on sexuality and sexual health for a variety of audiences, including students, practitioners and advocates. This position reports to NSRC Director Colleen Hoff.
- Take a leadership role in developing cutting edge education and training programs and curriculum that support the mission of the Center and that are of interest to outside funders.
- Serve as Director for the annual Summer Institute on Sexuality, Society and Health. Set direction for the project through selecting appropriate structure, assigning annual themes, recruiting faculty/speakers; promoting/marketing of Institute; recruiting/vetting/advising students; teach one or more short-term courses.
- Co-write grant proposals to secure program objectives and sustainability in coordination with the Director and Development Officer. Write literature reviews on current trends in sexuality research and programming. Provide regular updates to staff.
- Serve on NSRC management team and participate in tactical and strategic decision making processes.
- Produce/approve content for Center website and social media presence.
- Supervise program staff and interns as needed.
- Work with Center staff in development of Continuing Education/Professional Training programs.
- Possess a graduate or post-graduate degree in behavioral, health, or other social sciences (e.g. MPH, MSW, MFT, PhD, EdD, RN, MD).
- Experience/education in the field of sexuality (coursework, publications, certificates).
- Experience in providing trainings to professionals and community practitioners.
- Must be well organized and have a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Experience supervising staff and interns.
- Office management skills, including maintenance of accurate records and budgets.
- Project management experience including reporting, evaluations and adhering to a budget and deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and set priorities in a time sensitive setting based on Center objectives, events, and goals.
- Maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Good Computer Skills with MS Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in the field of trainings (3-5 years minimum).
- Experience in marketing trainings and educational offerings to professionals and students.
- Experience working with sexuality practitioners, community-based organizations, professional organizations, and activists.
Send letter and resume to:
Colleen Hoff, PhD
Interim Director, National Sexuality Resource Center
Director, Center for Research on Gender and Sexuality