Director of Leadership Giving
Date Posted: 1/5/2012
Organization: Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette
Location: Portland, OR
Application Deadline: open until filled
Description of Organization:
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette (PPCW) is the largest non-profit family planning and reproductive rights organization in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Our mission is to provide, promote, and protect access to sexual and reproductive health care.
Since 1963, PPCW has provided a broad range of sexual and reproductive health care, family planning and other medical services; trained and educated community members on issues of sexuality; and advocated for the protection of reproductive rights and freedom in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
The Director of Leadership Giving is responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing PPCW’s major gifts program. Will provide direction and support to the CEO, VP of Development, and PPCW’s Board of Directors in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding large annual, endowment, capital, restricted and planned gifts. Manage donor recognition programs and serve as an enthusiastic and articulate spokesperson for Planned Parenthood in the community.
- Manage a comprehensive major gift fundraising program in conjunction with annual and other campaigns.
- Identify, steward, and solicit major (non-recurring gifts of $10,000 or more) and planned gifts from current donors and prospects. Communicate with current and prospective donors by personal meeting, telephone, mail and/or email.
- Oversee and manager donor research and identification; follow up on new donor prospects.
- Collaborate with Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) staff to ensure smooth coordination of collaborative major gift and planning giving efforts.
- Work with Board Members to develop appropriate annual asks for board members, facilitate writing board letters as requested, manage and follow up on asks and board member recognition.
- Develop concepts and messages, writes solicitation proposals for individual prospects and donors; oversee preparation of solicitation planning materials for meetings.
- Develop planning giving opportunities; identify planning gift prospects; respond to planned gift inquiries.
- Work with Board Members, CEO, CFO, donor’s personal representatives, attorney, and bank trust officers to solicit and facilitate planned gifts. Maintain relationship with planned giving personnel at PPFA and work with them as needed to finalize bequests, trusts and annuities.
- Develop and implement a recognition program that ensures all major and planned giving donors receive appropriate, consistent recognition.
Other duties as agree upon.
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or other relevant field
- Minimum 3 years fundraising experience
- Proven experience and success in securing five-figure gifts
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Submit your resume and cover letter online at www.ppcw.org; click on "Jobs" on the left of the screen.
Resume and cover letter can also be mailed to:
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette
3727 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Portland, OR 97212