Date Posted: 10/26/2011
Organization: GSMA mWomen
Location: London, UK
Description of Organization:
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide. Spanning 219 countries, the GSMA unites nearly 800 of the world’s mobile operators, as well as more than 200 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset makers, software companies, equipment providers, Internet companies, and media and entertainment organisations. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as the Mobile World Congress and Mobile Asia Congress.
The GSMA mWomen Program is an unprecedented, global public-private partnership between the worldwide mobile industry and the international development community - harnessing the power of the private sector to accelerate women's ownership of mobile phones, while partnering with the international development community to provide life-enhancing services to women living on less than $2 a day. The GSMA mWomen Program addresses the key barriers to women’s mobile phone ownership, including total cost of ownership, technical literacy, and cultural barriers to adoption. This is facilitated by creating an enabling market environment, which includes designing and implementing the mWomen business case in collaboration with the mobile industry and conducting primary research into base of the pyramid women’s wants and needs.
For more information, visit www.mwomen.org
The GMSA mWomen Program is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to provide critical strategic modelling support. You must know how to solve problems and synthesize complex data, delivering concise, actionable insights to our programs and members around the globe.
Data will be gathered from diverse sources including mobile network operators, mobile sector research, government data, industry reports, the World Bank, the ITU as well as academic research.
A confident and articulate personality is necessary as is the ability to think clearly and analytically. Applicants should be exceptional problem-solvers with strong quantitative and data-modelling skills. You will be capable of selecting appropriate methodology and putting together an integrated and structured approach to deliver on the program’s needs.
You will also be able to deliver credible presentations to external audiences and answer and address their questions.
- A top-class analyst from an analyst house, consultancy, financial institution or mobile network operator or vendor with at least 5 years’ experience
- Previous experience working on complex modelling (experience with modelling in either the telecoms or gender space a plus)
- A good working knowledge of business intelligence toolsets required
- Excellent degree in an analytical subject, for example science, engineering or mathematics, preferably at advanced level
- Outstanding excel skills required
- Demonstrable ability to handle large datasets with absolute rigour and care
- Very conscientious – sets high personal standards and shows excellent attention to detail
- Drive and proactive
- demonstrates a “can do” attitude, and eager to creatively identify opportunities and suggest ways of improving existing processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly professional – comfortable interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively
- Team player, able to work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent cultural awareness
The GSMA is able to provide suitably motivated candidates with a first class working environment, access to all of the key decision makers in one of the planets largest and most progressive industry’s and the content to keep a curious mind engaged. Many of our alumni have now taken key roles in the development of the industry. CV